Saturday, September 13, 2008

Well folks, I survived.




As some of you may know I am in a constant batle to keep my MS under control. My latest attempt at tht has been chemotherapy. Yesterday was my first treatment, and I must say I was a wreck. I think I let the emotional conversation with distant family members and fear of the unknown get the best of me for a day, but since then the tear ducts have dried out and I am back to as normal as I ever am.

My Dad accompanied me (as, always...he is such a trooper!) and I was greeted by my favorite nurse (whitch is a huge bonas when you are going to be a human pin cushion, LOL!) and 30 minutes, three IV"s and a bag of fluid as blue as drano later and it was complete! Not as bad as I made it out to be thats for sure...i tend to be over dramatic at times =)

As far as side effects go....I can't keep anything down, my internal thermostat is off it's rocker, very restless without being able to sleep, and those lovely little body aches that leave you feeling hit by a truck is all I have experienced so far. The good news is that it's only a few notches up from what I am used too, and nothing I wouldn't go through in the hopes of getting better. Now I just have to wait and seeif I loose my hair, but I have been saying many prayers on that suject. Yes I know, I'ts just hair...it will grow.

Well thanks for letting me ramble. I can't wait to get this website out to all my friends and family, so we can all stay connected. Have a blessed day XOXO~Jess

No comments: