Friday, September 26, 2008

Neurological Update...

So I met with my neurologist today for the first time in a long time.At first the visit seemed very uplifting, he was as pleased as i was about feeling better than I have in a year. That was untill he told me thst this psuedo recovery would soon where off as the chemo tappers down & thst my health will most likely decline untill my next chemo infusion 3 months down the line. So like I said that didn't turn out to be the most uplifting news, but i'm refusing to let such nonsense dampen my spirits! I also found out the culprit of my never ending nausea...i am not actually sick every day, but my body is tricking itself into believing it to be. Kind of bizzare I know but let me explain. The tenth cranial nerve is responsible for the feeling of being nauseated, to get to that nerve you have impulses that run through the cervicle spine where my largest MS lesion happens to be. Some where there is a shortage of these circuts that is resulting in my brain telling my tummy it's sick. It sucks but the explanation is somewhay cool. After this discouraging appt. the day wasn't all lost though. My dad took me to verizon to get this amazing new phone that has a month of free internetwhich is where this very message is comming from so late at night =) & then I was able two catch the two hour season premiere of Grey's Anatomy with my right arm Melissa whom I will now refer to as "my person"...she knows what it means. Not bad for a day's work. Untill next time...

1 comment:

Melissa said...

You are so uplifting. I have already learned so much from you. You have such a great spirit in the face of adversity.

I love that I am 'your person' and that you are 'my person'. I'm gonna start calling you my 'Yang'. = )